The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds REVIEW

The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds REVIEW

When I bought The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds I was expecting a remake of the Super Nintendo classic A Link To The Past. The reason why I was expecting that was because although they promised a new Zelda game I felt it looked a lot like A Link To The Past. Even though I love Zelda I was a bit curious because I not a huge fan of A Link To The Past. Don't get me wrong I think it's a good game, however I enjoyed the other games in the series a lot more. But man I was wrong. The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds is a game that has similar stuff from A Link To The Past but it does so many things differently from the Snes classic that I think it is more then a simple remake. I don't even classify it as a remake but more as a revision.

The story is pretty much the same but instead of having Agahnim we have Yuga. And instead of having the dark world we have Lorule. I won't spoil the plot but if you played A Link To The Past, or any other Zelda game you basically know what to expect.

But what this game lacks in story it definitely makes up for in the gameplay. I believe a game needs one thing in order to be a great game. It's not the story, it's not the graphics, but the game needs to be FUN. And that's what this game brings. I love that they didn't go with the 3d Zelda but instead with the 2d I think that was a ballsy move on their part but they did a great job. The fact this game is on a 3ds baffles me. Because it looks OUTSTANDING!!! The colors are bright and its just so amazing that its hard to describe. Back to the gameplay, this game has what a typical Zelda game has. Theirs the first three dungeons then you get the Master Sword then you go through 7 more dungeons. But instead of getting items you have the choice to get all of them in the beginning. And don't worry about money because it's everywhere in this game. And then later in the game you get to buy all the items later. You see you can only rent them, that means when you die you lose the item. But heres the thing. This has to be one of the easiest Zelda games that are out there. I only died a total of 8 times. Most of the time the number goes into the hundreds. So you don't need to worry about dying in this game. And heres my favorite part of the game the exploration. Normally you would have to beat the dungeons in a specific order. But in this game you can go in any order you want. Oh I forgot to mention the wall mechanic. So in this game you can turn into a painting and basically form into the wall. I always forgot that you could do that so sometimes I would be stuck on a dungeon not realizing I could've just form into the ball and boom my problems are solved. Overall I think the gameplay was amazing, it was fun and always giving you the sense of exploration, it felt like you were truly on an adventure.

Overall I enjoyed The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds! It was really fun and I had a blast playing it. Before I rate i'm going to give you guys my rating system I will be using from now on. Using these Smilies.

:cursing: avoid it
      :thumbdown: Disappointing
      :| ok
      :) good
      :thumbsup: Amazing

I fully recommend The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds to both the Zelda enthusiasts and if you are looking for a great gamete play. The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds gets my rating of :thumbsup:

Post was edited 2 times, last by “Orion” ().